26 April 2011

"I'll just set my bourbon and advocaat down right there."

This is the third post.

LIST FOR APRIL 26, 2011:

Five Movies In Production I Hope Never Get Made (And Yes, I Just Looked Up 'movies in production' and Picked a Few Random Crappy-Looking Movies Off the List. What Can I Say, I Have No Work Ethic.)
  1. World War Z (Come on. World War Z. Do you really need a reason?)
  2. Abraham Lincoln Biopic (Because something tells me that this working title is going to be better than the title they actually come up with. Which is to say that it's going to suck.)
  3. The Alchemist (How long has it been since an actual good book-to-movie transition has occurred? Probably not too long, but there are a lot more that are terrible. Something tells me this one's going to suck.)
  4. Another Bullshit Night in Suck City (All we need to know is the title. Faux-edgy ^ 10000.)
  5. Atlas Shrugged, Parts 2 & 3 (Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is one of the most mercurial books ever written. Rand's talent is oftentimes stifled by her horribly one-dimensional characters and obvious political 'agenda;' this and the fact that it's over 1000 pages makes it probably one of the most challenging books to make into a film. Yet they're going to try. Have already tried, as a matter of fact--after 50 or so years in pre-production, Atlas Shrugged, Part 1 was released this month to middling-to-negative reviews. Yet Rand acolytes loved it, in much the same way that fans of, say, Twilight may think Breaking Dawn will be good. Something tells me no, though. See Alchemist, above.)

~

Today's quote: Jack Torrance, The Shining (1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment